Welcome to Mrs. Kuehn's Home Page!
Welcome to the 2019-2020 School Year!
Welcome to my class web page!
On this page you will be able to find helpful resources for extra practice along with weekly news letters and important information. Please check here for important documents, classroom action photos, and lots of other information pertaining to room 127.
- Check this website frequently as it will have important information on it
- Join my class on "Remind" to receive updates via text also.
- Send your child to school each day with a water bottle to keep in class. Only WATER is allowed.
- Please make sure to send your child a daily snack. I will also have a snack basket for those instances where a snack is forgotten so if you would like to donate snacks we would greatly appreciate it!
- Grades will be updated in Power School weekly.
- Tuesday folders will be sent home each week. (Please be sure to sign and return.)
- Students are not allowed to have medicine at school without a completed medication permission form on file in the nurse's office this DOES include the use of cough drops.
- Don’t forget to join the PTO
A little about me
My name is Nicole Kuehn, I will be beginning my 6th year in the Ocean Springs School District at the Upper Elementary as a 4th grade ELA teacher, and I couldn't be more excited! I have also shared my time between kindergarten, 1st grade and special education self contained, with kiddos who have sever and profound needs. I have a wonderful husband David, and 2 beautiful children. When I am not working or spending extra time on our classroom, you will find me relaxing out on the water!! My family and I love the outdoors and being active. We love to fish and spend our weekends out on the boat or at the Islands. I also enjoy photography, crafting, refinishing old furniture, spending time with friends and family and hosting parties and holiday dinners.
I have a Bachelor of Science Degree in Elementary Education from the University of Southern Mississippi, I graduated in 2019 with honors. I have been awarded classified staff of the year at Pecan Park Elementary here in the Ocean Springs School District, for the 2017-2018 school year. Prior to receiving my degree in Education, I completed my studies in the medical field and hold a degree in Nursing also.